https://www.braandcorsetsupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sewing-swimwear-feature.jpg 4016 6016 Beverly Johnson https://braandcorsetsupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/BMS-Website-Logo.png Beverly Johnson2016-02-29 16:09:002016-07-31 08:42:40Sewing Swimwear!
Today, on Leap Day 2016, my newest Craftsy class Sewing Swimwear: the Supportive One-piece has launched! You can watch the trailer here…
What will you find in this Sewing Swimwear class?
- how to choose a swimsuit pattern and appropriate spandex fabric. Sometimes the fabric choices seem to be overwhelming but with some guidelines, you’ll fear the fabric store no more
- how to make custom alterations for length and width prior to cutting your suit. Learn to adjust for some parts of your body that are longer or shorter than the usual
- how to transform any scoop back into a supportive bra back. You can even use a layer of power netbetween the layers of swimsuit fabric and the lining to give even more support
- how to choose the correct bra cup size using the “squish test” It’s a real thingwe do to test the cups in a real swimsuit setting.
- how to support the bust using purchased foam swim cups. Sewing them in is not that difficult once you know a few tricks
- how to construct a built-in bra using your own bra pattern. Yes, finally, full support in a swimsuit
- how to insert lining into the suit without it creeping all around while you are working with it
- how to sew either a princess line suit or a tank, both insturctions are here, inclduing a bonus of how to sew a princess seam
- how to finish the seams with either a serger or a conventional sewing machine
- how to apply elastics to the edges. that’s a scary part for a lot of women, but these lessons make it a breeze.
- how to troubleshoot common fit issues, like legs that creep up, or a panniculus
- how to use colour blocking to enhance or disguise your figure, think of the fun you will have with fabrics!
Whew! There’s a LOT of information in this power-packed Sewing Swimwear class! But here’s the best part…
Click to leap over here and save 50% off the regular price!