Bra-making in your Pyjamas!

Bra-making in your pyjamas

If you are hesitant to start bra-making on your own, why not take an online class with the Fairy Bra Mother herself, in these top-selling classes through Craftsy. Once you buy the class, you can access the class to watch anytime,  forever. You can even start bra-making in your pyjamas!

The first class, Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit is where to start! Everything you need to know to make your first full-band bra. learn to measure, construct and fit this bra, with a bonus of some designer touches! If you click on any of the links (pink underlined words) you will get the lowest price Craftsy can offer, especially for our blog readers!

Beverly Johnson’s first and most basic class on bra-making

Once you have made a bra that fits, it’s time to ramp up your bra-making skills.  In Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques, you will learn dozens of new techniques for modifying your bra pattern with techniques like you see in expensive ready-to-wear!

The second Crafty class is all about Designer Techniques

Ready to work with Lace edging? How about making a foam bra? Whether you want fabulous foam, or luscious lace (or both) you’ll find out how in Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace & Beyond

The third class is about Cut & Sew Foam, Pre-formed Foam and Lace!

Swimwear, too!

We haven’t forgotten about swimwear either!  In Sewing Swimwear: the Supportive One-Piece, you will learn to measure and choose fabrics, construct and fit two styles of swimsuits. Best of all, learn to make and insert two types of built-in bras!

You’ll need supplies too. Here’s a link to our website at www.bramakers.com We have everything you need to make bras, swimwear, panties and corsets (and a lot more!)

Finally…here’s our other social media, where you will find lots of information on the fascinating world of bra-making! Be sure to follow us so you don’t miss a thing!

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,  Pinterest and You Tube (yes, we have a channel!)

14 replies
  1. Rachel
    Rachel says:

Hello,

I am interested in starting my own custom fit bra company. Of course I am not the one who will sew, but I am curious where should I begin. I want my seamstress and I to go through all the trainings, but I am not sure where to begin. Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Beverly Johnson
      Beverly Johnson says:

With what you are planning – you run the risk of your seamstress doing all the work and…she will likely want to start a business of her own after the training. Unfortunately all of our professional level courses require that you sew. There isn’t anywhere to go and learn the fitting only without being able to also fix the problem (sewing). There are lots of people who do not sew that want a custom bra business, but the ones that sew are the ones that actually can make it happen.

2. Val Clements
    Val Clements says:

Hi Beverly, I have all your Craftsy classes but haven’t sewn any as of yet. Not sure if this is the correct place to post, I have the Craftsy kit in the shopping basket but where do I add the size of underwire? Thanks Val

3. MrsJP
    MrsJP says:

Hello! Thank you for all of the wonderful info here! I have been looking at starting to make bras so that my sisters and I can finally have properly fitting bras. As a size other than 36C, it is hard to find the correct size and a proper fit! I am looking forward to using the info found here, and even buying a kit of two on down the road.
    One thing I wanted to bring up, is that your pinterest link here doesn’t link to your page. I was able to find your pinterest account, but it is not the one in the link.
    Thank you again for all of the wonderful info!
    HP

• Elizabeth
      Elizabeth says:

Beverly I have all ur Craftsy classes I love them all and you . Thank you for all that I have learned from you… I live in NYC someday I will go to Canada . To meet my Mentor You!!

• Beverly Johnson
        Beverly Johnson says:

Yes, Craftsy often has sale prices, making the classes affordable for everyone. They often sell classes for 19.99! Even at full price, they are only slightly over $50 each. Your access never expires and you can watch them over and over again forever if you want.

4. Unknown
    Unknown says:

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question, but I am not massively proficient at sewing, would making your own bra, which I am massively interested in, be a step too much for someone like me? Many thanks, Regards, Rachel Clark, London, UK

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!