Have you entered our Ultimate Bra-makers Challenge yet? Well, ladies, hop to it! Our challenge for April is to use an activewear pattern and make it using performance fabrics such as Maxine, Supplex, Wickable fabrics or Active Cotton. You can combine the fabrics, and the patterns to make your own leggings, sports bra, activewear tops or other garments. (I can’t even think of more!)
The Hop to it challenge can be any colour or combination of colours and performance fabrics. Use our Pin-up Girls patterns such as the Alison Activity Bra, the Kerri No-bounce sports bra, the Wendy bra-in-a-tank top or even leggings converted from the Princess Tankini bottoms. You can mix & match the patterns, or you can modify any of them to suit yourself. Make the garment for you or for someone else.
As an incentive, we are offering all of our activewear patterns on sale – 25% off the regular price from now to the end of April.
- Alison Activity Bra pattern (uses pre-formed foam cups, two different back views)
- Kerri No-bounce sports bra pattern (yes…really!)
- Wendy Bra-in-a-tank-top (a pre-formed foam cup bra built into a tank top
Here’s a list of other items we carry that you might find useful for making activewear:
- Maxine performance fabric (warm, yet breathable in striking colour combinations)
- Supplex (warm yet breathable in solid colours)
- Wickable Polyester fabric (moisture dispersion at its best)
- Active Cotton (truly moisture moving fabric)
The Challenge guidelines
- The theme must be obvious in the garment. In this case, the theme is Hop to it, so it’s got to be activewear. Any colour, any style.
- You can use or modify one of the Pin-up Girls patterns or draft something based on the Bra-makers Manuals.
- The garment must have been completed during 2018.
- There will be a special prize for those who enter the challenge every month!
I do hope you consider entering the challenge. Submit your digital photo entries any time before April 30. Send us your photos to our email [email protected]. If the suit is complex, submit photos of the more important details. Entries will be shown on social media (so if you are shy, don’t model it!) and two winners will be chosen by a random draw after all entries are in. That means everyone who enters will have a chance to win one of two $50 gift certificates. If you enter 3 garments, you have 3 chances to win! Remember, the garment does not have to be on a model. You can even show off your entries to all your friends and family on Facebook or Instagram. Please include the hashtag #bramakerschallenge2018 so we can see too! All entries will be posted on this blog and in our social media.
So hop to it and sew some activewear this April!
Your Fairy Bra Mother,
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!