This month of May is a fun one – we will have you seeing spots before your eyes! Actually, you’ll be seeing spots, dots, lines and stripes. Let’s challenge our thinking about these pattern basics and create garments with dots and stripes. That’s any kind of dot or any kind of stripes, in any kind of intimate apparel. The trick is to use them together in the same project.
You could include spotted and striped animal prints too (think leopard and zebra in the same garment!) as well as traditional or abstract spots and stripes in your bra, panties, corset or swimwear.
The Challenge guidelines
- The theme must be obvious. In this case, the theme is Spots and Stripes, so show us how creative you can be using fabrics and/or trims that are striped, lined, spotted or dotted together in one garment
- You can use or modify any Pin-up Girls patterns for bras or bralettes
- the garment must be made in 2019
- you must have made the garment yourself (do not submit ready-to-wear)
- share with us what you did (we all love that backstory) and what country you live in (so we know where you come from!)
I do hope you consider entering the challenge. It’s all about challenging yourself to make something creative! Submit your entries any time before the end of the last day of the month. If the garment is complex, submit photos of the more important details. Entries will be shown on social media (so if you are shy, don’t model it!) and the winner will be chosen after all entries are in. Remember, the garment does not have to be on a model. You can even show off your entries to all your friends and family on Facebook or Instagram. Please include the hashtag #bramakerschallenge2019 so we can see too! Send us your photos to our email [email protected]. The winner will be chosen by random draw after the challenge closes. Photos of the entries will be published the first week of the month here on this blog and in our social media.
Good luck everyone…remember we want you to see Spots and Stripes this May!
Your Fairy Bra Mother
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!