Oh, what a night! Late December 1963… Remember the 1960’s where Baby Dolls were on every teenager’s pajama wish list? Here’s your chance to re-make that iconic nightwear look in today’s fabrics and today’s patterns.
We challenge you to sew Baby Doll pajamas or your modern interpretation of them. How about making the Sweet Sixteen Bralette with a skirt added along the bottom of the band in order to make your version of Baby Dolls, as shown in the Make & Fit Bralettes Book.
The rules for our Ultimate Bra-making Challenge are, as always, quite simple:
- the garment must be made in 2020
- the garment must be made using any of the Pin-up Girls patterns or instructions found in one of our many books.
- the garment can be any type of Baby Doll sleepwear, made of any fabric, using any pattern.
- It doesn’t have to be for you, and it doesn’t have to be modeled on a real person (although if it is, be sure that person is ok with us showing the picture on social media.)
- submit the photos and a short description of the garment (including what pattern you used, and what construction details we should know about) to email@example.com before the last day of the month.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw after the first day of the following month on Facebook Live.