Underwear has not been around forever. The first underwear you might recall might be what is affectionately known as “granny panties”. This month, we celebrate 100 years of underwear! Whether you make thongs, g-strings, granny panties or even underwear for men, the choice is yours!
Here’s a fun video on 100 years of Underwear to give you inspiration!
We challenge you to sew underwear using inspiration from the last 100 years (or the next 100). You’ve got a whole lot of panty patterns to choose from, or draft your own using instructions from our Make & Fit Panties book?
The rules for our Ultimate Bra-making Challenge are, as always, quite simple:
- the garment must be made in 2020
- the garment must be made using any of the Pin-up Girls patterns or instructions found in one of our many books.
- the garment can be any type of underwear, made of any fabric
- It doesn’t have to be for you, and it doesn’t have to be modeled on a real person (although if it is, be sure that person is ok with us showing the picture on social media.)
- submit the photos and a short description of the garment (including what pattern you used, and what construction details we should know about) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the last day of the month.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw after the first day of the following month on Facebook Live.