Keep trim in a Waspie. What’s a waspie, you may ask? Think of a waist cincher, which could be as simple as a glorified wide belt to a full on under-the-bust-and-down-to-the-hips-waist-cincher-with-garter-clips-to-hold-up-your-stockings creation. Whew! That’s a lot of hyphens to describe such a tiny garment.
Here’s a video on 100 years of Shapewear to give you inspiration.
We challenge you this month to sew any waist-trimming garment, such as a corset, waist cincher, waspie or bodyshaper. You’ve got corset and bodyshaper patterns to choose from, or draft your own!
The rules for our Ultimate Bra-making Challenge are, as always, quite simple:
- the garment must be made in 2020
- the garment must be made using any of the Pin-up Girls patterns or instructions found in one of our many books.
- the garment can be any type of waist-trimming garment, made of any fabric
- It doesn’t have to be for you, and it doesn’t have to be modeled on a real person (although if it is, be sure that person is ok with us showing the picture on social media.)
- submit the photos and a short description of the garment (including what pattern you used, and what construction details we should know about) to email@example.com before the last day of the month.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw after the first day of the following month on Facebook Live.