In June we are looking at every woman’s version of the Holy Grail- a bra that will hold her up in a strapless dress and make her look her best. The strapless bra first announced its appearance in the late 1940s and it has been the unsung hero of every prom and wedding ever since.
We challenge you this month to sew a strapless bra in this month’s Ultimate Bra-maker Challenge. Want to make a strapless swimsuit? Yes, we are ok with that. You can have detachable straps, but the garment itself has to be able to be worn strapless. But a strapless bra is not easy to make. We’ll have tutorials to support you along the way!
The rules for our Ultimate Bra-making Challenge are, as always, quite simple:
- the garment must be made in 2020
- the garment must be made using any of the Pin-up Girls patterns or instructions found in one of our many books.
- the garment can be any type of strapless bra, bralette or swimsuit made of any fabric you choose
- It doesn’t have to be for you, and it doesn’t have to be modeled on a real person (although if it is, be sure that person is ok with us showing the picture on social media.)
- submit the photos and a short description of the garment (including what pattern you used, and what construction details we should know about) to email@example.com before the last day of the month.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw after the first day of the following month on Facebook Live.