We challenge you this month to sew your version of this iconic swimwear that first made a splash, back in the late 50s and early 60’s. To give you an idea of evolution of swimwear, here’s a great video on the history of swimwear (be aware that body paint is used although the model is not actually nude)
We realize4 that not everyone has a bikini body, so our challenge will also include any two-piece swimwear or swimwear that has been colour blocked to appear to be two pieces. You could also make tankinis, monokinis or unikinis. You can use any of our swimwear or bikini patterns, or use instructions to draft your own from our Big Book of Swimwear.
The rules for our Ultimate Bra-making Challenge are, as always, quite simple:
- the garment must be made in 2020
- the garment must be made using any of the Pin-up Girls patterns or instructions found in one of our many books.
- the garment can be any type of bikini, two-piece suit, swim dress, tank suit, tankini, monokini or unikini.
- It doesn’t have to be for you, and it doesn’t have to be modeled on a real person (although if it is, be sure that person is ok with us showing the picture on social media.)
- submit the photos and a short description of the garment (including what pattern you used, and what construction details we should know about) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the last day of the month.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw after the first day of the following month on Facebook Live.