Construction & Fit
Sewing Panties Construction Fit Taught by Beverly V. Johnson Craftsy
The Sewing Panties Construction Fit Taught by Beverly V. Johnson Craftsy class shows you how to make panties that finally fit and flatter! Follow along as “Fairy Bra-Mother” Beverly V. Johnson shows you how to properly draft and sew a custom panty to flatter any body size and shape. As a bonus, you’ll learn to make your personal-wear even more personal with lace embellishments that celebrate your style. Remember – when you click from our site, you will always get the lowest price Craftsy offers!
The Sewing Panties Construction Fit Taught by Beverly V. Johnson Craftsy class shows you how to make panties that will finally fit and flatter! Follow along as “Fairy Bra-Mother” Beverly Johnson shows you how to properly draft and sew a custom panty to flatter any body size and shape.
Lesson 1. Measuring for Panties | 16:23
Meet Beverly Johnson, the “Fairy Bra-Mother,” who begins class with a quick overview of panty styles. You’ll also learn how to take measurements for the perfect fit and evaluate the “stretch factor” of prospective undergarments.
Lesson 2. Making the Pattern | 22:23
In Lesson 2, things get drafty! With measurements and stretch factors in hand, draft a master pattern for a brief-style panty.
Lesson 3. Constructing the Panties | 15:22
Start putting those panties together! As you construct your briefs, you’ll learn to sew an enclosed gusset, a mark of high-quality ready-to-wear panties. Later in the lesson, you’ll check your fit, measure the leg elastic and sew the elastic into your work.
Lesson 4. Completing the Panties | 29:00
You’re almost there! Sew the waistband elastic to complete your first panty, before Beverly runs through some troubleshooting techniques for fit adjustments.
Lesson 5. Changing the Style Lines | 20:06
Want a different look? Simple pattern alterations can turn your briefs into a bikini, hipster or French-cut panty! As Beverly shows you the steps for each, you’ll also get introduced to some of the shape-defining details that lead to a flattering look.
Lesson 6. Adding Designer Details | 17:46
Give those panties some pizzaz! Beverly shows you how to add feminine, comfortable lace edgings, appliqués, panels and godets, and ends class with the fun ruching technique.
• Knit fabric that will stretch from 30% to 100% over its original length. Good choices include cotton jersey, cotton spandex, bamboo knits, Modal, and nylon/spandex blends.
• Small amount of fabric for gusset lining. Good choices include cotton jersey, organic cotton knit or bamboo. Synthetic knits are not recommended.
• Lingerie elastic for the legs, ⅜”, ¼” or 5 /16″ wide
• Lingerie elastic for the waist, ⅜” to ¾” wide
• Lace edging, appliqués or other stretch trims as desired
• Polyester thread to match
When does the class start?
Whenever you’re ready! The lessons are available online any time, and your access to the class never expires.
How long is the class available to me?
As long as you need! Your access never expires, so you can come back again and again.
What do I get when I order the class?
- 6 streaming HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Closed captioning available (web only)
- Class materials
- Answers to student questions from instructor Beverly V. Johnson