Push your sewing skills outside the drawer this month by auditioning unusual fabrics to use for lingerie. Use any unconventional material, fabric, laces, or trims and lay them out together to see how they look together. Remember that even the most unlikely choices can look fabulous in a bra because bra cups are generally mirror images of one another and that symmetry creates harmony in the whole piece.
The rules for our Ultimate Bra-making Challenge are, as always, quite simple:
- the garment must have been made in 2022
- the garment must be made using any of the Pin-up Girls patterns or instructions found in one of our many books.
- the challenge this month is using unconventional fabrics, trims or accessories to make any type of bra, underwear, corset or swimwear. Think outside the box, or the lingerie drawer.
- It doesn’t have to be for you, and it doesn’t have to be modeled on a real person (although if it is, be sure that person is ok with us showing the picture on social media.)
- submit the photos and a short description of the garment (including what pattern you used, and what construction details we should know about) to [email protected] before the last day of the month.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw after the first day of the following month on Facebook Live.