Learn to take precise measurements, the tools necessary, then draft the frame, band, bridge and the cups. You will learn to correct fitting challenges that arise from inaccuracies in measuring. As a bonus, you will learn how to change the basic draft into designer looks.
You will NOT do any sewing in the class as this is a bra theory class only. You MUST be very familiar with the construction methods of a bra including full and partial band styles. No construction will be taught or reviewed.
Please look at the attachment tab to review the class contract.
Instructor will provide printed pages of the following:
- Conversion Chart from inches/fractions and cms
- List of materials and instructions for Tester Bras
- BCD and RTW sizes
- Parts of a bra
- Bra client sheet
- Wire marking chart
Students are required to bring:
- Bra Design & Draft book to use as a textbook
- One wire (or one pair) size 38 Long
- One wire (or one pair) size 44 Long
- Compass that holds a pencil for drafting curves
- 18″ drafting paper that can be seen through
- Mechanical pencil
- Fine Line permanent marker for marking wires
- Eraser (white, not pink)
- ‘Invisible’ or ‘Magic’ scotch tape
- Curved ruler
- Flexible Flat ruler with 1/8″ increments or less
- Paper scissors or rotary cutter for paper