In 2018 we asked you to construct garments using two pieces of lace in the same garment. We won’t ask you to do that again this year. Well, not exactly. However, we are asking that you use lace and a sheer fabric together in the same garment. Cool and comfortable, as well as beautiful.
The Challenge guidelines
- The theme must be obvious. In this case, the theme is the Lacey Daze of Summer, so show us how creative you can be using our patterns to create any kind of intimate apparel with both lace and sheer fabrics. That’s right, any combination of lace and sheer.
- You can use or modify any Pin-up Girls patterns for bras or bralettes or use instructions from the Bra-makers Manuals to create your own design.
- the garment must be made in 2019
- you must have made the garment yourself (do not submit ready-to-wear)
- share with us what you did (we all love that backstory) and what country you live in (so we know where you come from!)
I do hope you consider entering the challenge. It’s all about challenging yourself to make something creative! Submit your entries any time before the end of the last day of the month. If the garment is complex, submit photos of the more important details. Entries will be shown on social media (so if you are shy, don’t model it!) and the winner will be chosen after all entries are in. Remember, the garment does not have to be on a model. You can even show off your entries to all your friends and family on Facebook or Instagram. Please include the hashtag #bramakerschallenge2019 so we can see too! Send us your photos to our email [email protected]. The winner will be chosen by random draw after the challenge closes. Photos of the entries will be published the first week of the month here on this blog and in our social media.
Good luck everyone…remember we want you to make August the Lacey Daze of Summer!
Your Fairy Bra Mother