Hello, Bra-makers of the world – are you ready for a great challenge? Fill your bobbins and clear your cutting table for our Ultimate Bra-makers Challenge. This month, for our kick-off, we are challenging you to make a garment using the Colour of the Year. Every year, the Pantone Colour Institute determines a Colour of the year and this year it is Ultra-violet. it is a blue-based purple that is very close in colour to our lilac products. In fact, our darker colour purple coordinates with Ultra-violet too. Win-win!
Here’s what Pantone says about their Colour of the Year. “A dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade, Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.” That’s pretty lofty stuff but we think Ultra-violet is up to the challenge! Are you? We challenge you in the month of January to make a garment using Ultra-violet, or as close as you can get to this colour.
We have a number of bra-making essentials that are close to Ultra-violet in colour, such as our Lilac and Purple colours. And to help you on your way in the challenge, we are offering those items on sale, with a 15% discount (but only in colours Lilac and Purple). Here is a list of items in these colours that are on sale this month.
All items are 15% off from January 1-31
- Thread (Lilac and Purple)
- Bra Kits (Lilac)
- Findings Kit (Lilac)
- Bralette Findings Kit (Lilac)
- Duoplex (Lilac and Purple)
- Regular Powernet (Lilac) FP-1
- Double Knit Powernet (Purple) FP-3
- 15 Denier sheer fabric (Purple) FL-15
- Cut & Sew Foam FF-39 (Lilac and Purple)
- Cotton Spandex FC-5 (Lilac and Purple)
- Stretch Mesh (Lilac and Purple) FP-7
- Stretch Satin FR-51 (Lilac and Purple)
- Purple Stretch Lace LS-60.571
- Eggplant Stretch Lace LS-60.590
- Purple and Lilac Stretch Lace LS-63.5357
The Challenge guidelines
- The theme must be obvious in the garment. In this case, the colour of the year should be the most dominant colour.
- The garment must be based on a Bra-makers pattern. It can be a pattern used as-is or modified from a Bra-makers pattern. It could also be based on a draft you made yourself.
- The garment must have been completed during 2018.
That’s all there is to it. No rigid rules. Just submit a photo or two of the completed garment (could be bras, swimwear, underwear or corsets) It does not have to be on a model. You can even show off your entries to all your friends and family on Facebook or Instagram. Include the hashtag #bramakerschallenge2018 so we can see too! Send us your photos to our email [email protected]. This challenge is about you creating a beautiful garment using the Colour of the year. Challenge ends January 31, so all photos, along with your contact information must be submitted by then. The winner will be chosen after the challenge closes and the photographs published on this blog and in our social media.
Be inspired by Ultra-violet and sew something “provocative and thoughtful” using the Colour of the Year. I look forward to your entries!
Your Fairy Bra Mother